Neil FitzGerald started out in his homebrew pursuits the way many people do: with recipes and techniques he learned among friends. After a couple of decades, he decided to upgrade to all-grain brewing in a dedicated kitchen in his basement.
We discuss Neil’s evolution as a homebrewer and his inspiration for recipes, entering competitions, and experimenting with flavors. Then, Rick joins us for a taste of Neil’s latest batch of pub ale, and a discussion of yeasts ensues. Enjoy!
Resources mentioned in this video:
- BYO: Brew Your Own magazine
- BJCP: Beer Judge Certification Program
- Scott Russell and his book, North American Clone Brews
- Vermont Brewer’s Association
- Vermont Craft Tours Interviews: Scott Russell, Homebrew Guru; Mike Czok, Bent Hill Brewery
- Breweries: Bent Hill Brewery, Dieu du Ciel, Grassroots Brewing, Hermit Thrush Brewery